Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A night of Sights and Sounds...S&S 4 @ Beatrock

I decided to leave early on Saturday morning December 13, and head to Irvine to visit my sister and her family, who live on campus at UCI. We stopped for some food in Beaumont at this place called Gus. I had a short stack, and some biscuits and gravy (you know all carb diet) haha. The drive to Irvine was quite easy, no traffic really on a Sat. morning. The only thing was my back was killing me all week, I pulled it earlier that week. I arrived at my sis' house around 1pm and kinda just hung out. Played with Dax (coolest dog, here's a puppy pic):


and chilled with my niece Elise (a vid from later that night):



Before the Sights and Sounds show, my bro-in law and I watched some Dark Knight while my sisters made the bombest oatmeal/raisin/chocolate chip cookies...straight bomb. I want more haha

I left Irvine around 5 and headed to Beatrock. I don't drive in LA often, so I'm still not used to the traffic. The 405 is nuts man. It turned what was supposed to be a 20 minute drive in a an hour drive. Haha...all good still made it to the show on time.

When I got the the Beatrock store, the local resident band The Committe was setting up sound.
...and Simbulan was supervising everything.




It was first time at the BeatRock. Great looking store, awesome location as well. There was a good amount of people at first, but as time passed, more and more people showed up. The art was amazing as usual. Pieces by BeatRock, Stuter, Sky's Falling, Pancho, Alfie, Roots, and many more. Performances started around 9pm, starting with Fighting Cocks. It was my second time seeing them live, really good performance. Their band sounds hella clean.

The Committee went on next, and in my opinion gave their best performance. Make sure to cop that Forward Progress Mixtape from Revision.


Bambu went on next, and just killed it. It seems so effortless when he puts on a show. Make sure to get that Exact Change album...illest album of 2008 imo.


The Counterparts (just T-Know and Fatgums) went on right after Bam, and did a ill set as well. They also had K9 the Human Beatbox do his thing during their set. I have a clip of that, I'll post it soon.

J-One, Zanna, and I went on last and did our thing. It was our first time doing it like this, with only 2 members of FE. Good crowd response. Good times.



I met a lot of new people. Saw a lot of familiar faces. All in all, a fun night in Long Beach. Be sure to check out all the artist on the bill, the flier is on a past post. Till next time fam, stay irie.

-Sam
FE

No comments: