Monday, December 22, 2008

Radio Dayz




Wuddup fam? It's Sdot. I just wanted to share with you guys this Korean Film I watched the other day, called Radio Dayz. Below is a quick description(Taken from yesasia.com):

Under the scrutiny of the Japanese imperialistic regime, a team of misfits come together to make Joseon's first live radio drama, but the ending's up in the air with such an unreliable bunch. First, there's oddball producer Lloyd Park (Ryoo Seung Bum) who spends too much time cooing over his leading ladies. Then there's the writer (Kim Roi Ha, Return) who suffers from writing block. Of course, no drama is complete without the stars: the sexy and self-indulgent jazz singer (Kim Sa Rang), who always finds herself in trouble with her habitual ad-libs, and her quirky yet charming on-air rival (Hwang Bo Ra). Last but not least, there's the freedom fighter (Lee Jong Hyuk) posing as the sound engineer. Let the show begin!



W
hat a great cast!!! Ryoo is still my favorite actor in Korea, he's so diverse. Manner Zero is still one of my favorite films. Anyway, I think the reason I enjoyed this film (besides it's humor), was the way they told the story of "The Flame Of Love" (the first radio drama series for the station). It was exciting to see how the characters would react to script changes, improvs, and there coworkers. There's hardly any slow spots in the film, unlike 80 percent of the recent Korean films I've seen. I recommend it to everyone!

No comments: